Thursday, June 17, 2010

Food that escaped the garbage

I am pleased to announce that my purge is complete. I have thrown out every morsel of food that could trigger a binge. I feel relieved; almost like that food was haunting me.

Food that I decided to keep was:

Mini Freezies – 10 calories a Pop. Fabulous in the summer when you have a sweet tooth.

100 Calorie Mint Chocolate Cadbury Bars – 2 points and a life savor when it’s TOM

VitaMuffin 100 Calorie Muffin Tops – 1 point and worth every bite. I can never eat more then one anyway.



I am a little in love with the Smart Ones Desserts. I like the Strawberry Shortcake the most but the Double Fudge Cake is pretty damn good. I’ve only been able to find the Strawberry Shortcake at Superstore, so if anyone has seen it elsewhere let me know.



I made a very healthy stir fry last night with my own sauce made from scratch over brown rice. Doesn’t it look tasty? I probably shouldn’t have added the cashews, but I decided to live a little. Without the cashews it’s 8 points.

I feel excellent today. I took a walk at lunch and I’ve been drinking my water. I am concentrating on tracking and making healthy choices, more so then staying within my points range. I only get a measly 21, which leaves me really hungry unless I eat pounds and pounds of veggies.

My question to y’all is how do you stay full on minimal points?

4 comments:

  1. although I don't ww, drinking water has been the key for me... home made stir fry sauce? can you list the recipe I've been searching fo r one that works without too much sodium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum and yum. I have never seen that dessert and don't live near a Superstore - so I may have to make a special trip.

    I am definitely not the person to ask about staying within points (as of late) but one of the things I have been up to lately is not having rice with my stirfrys, ordering things with "no cheese", opting for tea instead of lattes, an orange instead of a fibre one bar... and well, you get the picture.

    I don't know how you do it in 21 points though - it sounds a bit outrageous to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M the sauce isn't low sodium. It's a combination of Spicy Ketchup, brown sugar, Ground curry, prepared garlic, soy sauce , corn starch and chicken broth. I'm sure you could make it low sodium by swapping out the chicken broth and soy sauce for low-sodium variety. I'll get you the recipe though, it's really really tasty and freezes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so good after a purge.
    In terms of staying full, drink lots of water, and eat lots of high volume veggies! Start your meals with salads :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments loved and appreciated, each and everyone!