Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I love my family!

Hair: Lazily pulled into a pony.

Weight: I love my curvy body. We'll just guess and say 145. That would make me happy!

Body Image: I am what I think I am.

My parents have returned from the all their traveling adventures and are back home in Kelowna now. Both my Dad and Mom were in hospital when they were in Arizona which gave everyone quite the scare. I drove up to Westbank (just outside of Kelowna) to stay with them for 5 days on the weekend. I had a great time! I got to see my little niece and nephew, my grown up niece and my step sister. Of course I ate way to much and am terrified to step on the scale!!

We had some lovely meals. My mom cooked a wonderful steak dinner and my niece Andrea made homemade hamburgers with guacamole and salad. I wish I didn't feel guilty about all the food I ate, but that's my relationship with food. I can't just enjoy it, I need to worry how many points are in each mouth full, and usually eat it anyway. This means I didn't track, and I most certainly did not stay on program, but I am remembering that I had a lovely time. Here is a lovely group shot:



Don't you just love the little one's faces?

This week I am still trying very hard to focus on tracking and getting my 30 minute walks in. I feel all thrown off my normal routine because I took a couple days off work, and this always throws me for a loop. Work has been terribly slow, which certainly activates mindless eating. My home life is still all up in the air, but on a brighter note I got accepted into the Dental Program at my local College.

I cannot believe the hoops I have to jump through to complete my admission requirements. They have given me 30 days to get a Dental Exam, Physical Exam, Immunization Records, take CPR and First Aid, complete a Criminal Record Check and get a TB skin test. I'm pulling out my hair just thinking about it. I'm also plagued with this feeling that I could be making the wrong decision. I make pretty good money right now, probably what I'll start making as a Dental Assistant. Am I doing this for the right reasons? Am I going to like it? What if I don't and I end up spending 20K on a program I hate and throw away the great job I have now?

If anyone still reads my blog, do you love what you do? Why do you love it and how much schooling did you take? Do you have any regrets?

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you had a lovely time with family - I wasn't to far away from you this weekend (Penticton) visiting my own family.

    I LOVE my work - I work in a university. I think I love my work because I LOVE school. I completed 7 years of school to get to where I am right now - but would be a full time student for life if I had the money to do it.

    You should totally do the program - if you don't do it, you'll always wonder what it would have been like if you did the program. If you do it and you don't like it - at least you tried and gave it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this blog, i really enjoy it. Totaly feel like I can relate!

    I too just returned from spending a week with my family and feel totally out of wack. I enjoyed every minute of it but I did go off track. I didn’t track for a full 7 days and didn’t do my regular work-outs, and I am so nervous for my weigh in this Saturday. Life is full of ups, down, bumps and sharp turns and all we can do is embrace them and remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I couldn’t dwell on my not so great week and Monday I got right back on track and pushed through.

    As for your career dilemma, I too have been thinking about change in my job. I have been with the same company for 6 years directly out of college, and I cant say that I love everyday. But I do really enjoy the people I work with, and it makes up for some of the crappy days I have. You need to trust your heart and if trying something new and exciting makes it leap, you are on the right track.
    Good luck with the searching!

    ReplyDelete

Comments loved and appreciated, each and everyone!