Friday, April 9, 2010

Taste not - Want not

Hair: Ponytail as I refused to blow dry or straighten it last night.

Weight: 148.8 Oh God, please can I just wake up skinny?

Body Image: Not as bad as it could be.

I haven't been tracking, I haven't been on program and I absolutely positively have not been putting any effort into my weight loss journey. This always happens when I get under the 150 pound mark and I know why. This weight (150 pounds) is achievable and maintainable for me. It's my safety weight. I fit nicely into a size 8 and I am no longer in the overweight category. I'm comfortable. I know it's hard work and perseverance that will take me to my goal weight but I am so afraid to fail, that I refuse to try.

My goal this next week is to just track. I'm really struggling with this for some reason. If I can just get over this hurtle, I feel the rest will be a piece of cake. I'm finding the last week I've been really hungry for some reason. Its all in my head, I know this but I've been using it as an excuse to unnecessarily over eat. It certainly doesn't help that my personal life is all willy-nilly. Being newly single, but still living with my Ex has certainly been interesting. I'm eating out to get out of the house and going out for drinks a lot more then I would normally. This adds up to a lot of extra points.

I've still been going on my daily walks at lunch (30 minutes of brisk walking) but I have not been walking at all after work. I bought a new laptop on Tuesday, which really has not been assisting with my weightless efforts. A Science Fiction mag in the states bought a short story from me but probably won't be publishing it. They bought the story for optional publication in future issues. This has spurred me on to edit a good portion of my old work for future submission. The down side is there is no way to type and walk. I've been getting terrible RSI in my wrist which I know would benefit from lots of short breaks (I should be going out side and walking around the block)

On a positive note it's the weekend and I am ready for it. Tonight, I have a date with a 7 year old (I Big Sister a little boy with disabilities) I'll be heading to Ikea early tomorrow morning to get a small desk for my bedroom which will provide me with a writing station, sorely needed. My good friend Mike will be helping me do the back up disks for my new laptop later on. I have a dog walking date with a girlfriend for Sunday morning. I have no engagements involving food or alcohol ya me! Have a great weekend everyone :) I'll leave you with a song. Another favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments loved and appreciated, each and everyone!