Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cookie Monster

I've been letting cookies in the house again. It all started with these cute little Girl Guides who outsmarted me out of $4. I had the best of intentions. I was going to bring the cookies to work and leave them at the reception desk. Around 6 o'clock, they started whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Promising just one little cookie was all I needed too subdue my feelings of cookie deprivation. So I ate one. To make it even I ate one Blondie, one chocolate. I remembered how when I was a child, my Oma would give me Girl Guide cookies with tea. I missed my Oma dearly all of a sudden, so I brewed a pot of tea.



After consuming half the package of cookies with my Pot O' Tea, I got to thinking. Who brings in half a box of Girl Guide cookies? That just looks tacky. I had a bit of a stomach ache at this point, but I still rationalized keeping the cookies close at hand. I walked into the bathroom, lifted my shirt and stared at my muffin top in the mirror. Clearly, I did not need anymore cookies. The cats wandered into the bathroom behind me, and also starred up at my muffin top.

The cookies are now at the bottom of the trash can. Covered in used kitty litter. Just in case. No more whispering cookies.

5 comments:

  1. I used to eat those by the box too! Good for you for stopping yourself before that point lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- thanks for the blog award :)
    And...I can't wait to see the new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Kryptonite. Cookies and Zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies and Cake = recipe for my fat arse.

    ReplyDelete

Comments loved and appreciated, each and everyone!