Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sore, oh so sore

Yesterday evening I went for what I learned was a 8 KM walk with an old friend of mine that I hadn't seen in years. If I'd known it was going to be a 8 KM walk, I just don't think I would have taken part, so it's probably best she never told me. Half way through I thought I was going to die. When I tried to get out of bed this morning, I thought about calling in sick, I was that sore. It wasn't my calf's, or my thighs but my hips of all things. I feel like a little old lady!

Not much else to report. I still have a cold sore and it sucks. The last 2-3 weeks I haven't been able to sleep through the night, which is really starting to wear me out, not to mention hungry. I have a hair appointment tomorrow, and I am very excited to get a good deal of my hair lopped off and get some bangs. I want to get something like this:



I got 2 blog awards this week! The first is from this wonderful blogger. Check out her blog yo. Thank you Sylvia!



I also got a Beautiful Blogger Award from from Rescuing Lisa. Thank you so much Lisa that made my day more then you can imagine! The condition of the award is that I list 7 things you don't know about me and pass the award on to 7 other bloggers.



First - 7 things you don't know about me:

1. I sing in the shower. A lot.
2. I harbour an unnatural fear of zombies. Half my life revolves around how I will escape when an infection breaks out. All my friends know the codeword and the evacuation plan. And it's not if, it's when.
3. I have a diploma in Hotel Management. Took me 2 years to graduate. I worked in a hotel for a little over 2 weeks and quit.
4. I've been held up at gunpoint. It sucked.
5. I have 2 friends I've known since I was 10. They are probably plotting my death as I type.
6. I could not possibly live without my local library. I mean they give you books. FOR FREE!
7. I love to dance. I've been known to bust a move in our local grocery store on a busy Saturday, much to Steves dismay.

And on to my favorite Bloggers:

My friend M and her blog of things she likes
Michelle at the Garlic Chronicles
Lindsay at Healthy Stride
Amanda at Busting Through it
Amie at Running on Healthy
Cher at Love Actually
Flabby McGee at Flabby McGee



Oh and I ate a whole Kit Kat bar after lunch. Whoops.

Today:

Coffee with a splash of soy
Bran buds (1 point)
Special K with fruit and yogurt (1 point)
Soy (2 points)
Apple (1 point)
Salmon (3 points)
Lite Mayo (1 point)
Sandwich Thin (1 point)
Carrots (1 point)
Kit Kat (6 points)
Yogurt (1 point)
Home made chicken strips (5 points)
Baked Fries (4 points)
Mustard Dip (2 points)
Grapes (1 point)

Total: 30 points.

Again, I'm hurting for readers of my new blog I don't care too much for money, so if being frugal interests you, please take a look :)

7 comments:

  1. sorry about dragging you to the end of the beach and back! ...but it's a good sore right?

    p.s. congrats on the blog award and I LOVE the new hairstyle. It will look pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair choice.
    I am reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...might not interest you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hair cut is adorable, go for it!
    Great job on the walk - you have to admit you feel good about doing it right?
    i'm gonna go check out your other blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the hair - you should do it!

    Weve got to get together sometime soon so I can kick your butt on a serious walk - hee hee!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That haircut looks amazing! I can't wait to see what it looks like on you :)

    I hope your cold goes away soon. I was sick for 3 weeks a while back and it SUCKED. Not being able to sleep and wanting to eat the world is not a fun combination. Crossing my crossables that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing the hair today!!! EEKK!
    Oh and Katie, I can't leave blog comments on your blog for some reason....the new format looks awesome, but now I can't tell you anything lol

    and yes M it's a good sore...and Lisa, I don't think I'm ready for a long walk yet, I'm still ummm recovering.

    ReplyDelete

Comments loved and appreciated, each and everyone!