Thursday, May 6, 2010

You've got Mail!

About a month ago, I emailed the infamous Bitch Cakes. She is the blogger who inspired me to blog about my battle of the bulge. Her blog is awesome, with lots of information on her journey, what she eats and the exercise she participates in. I find her ramblings very inspirational and she has a quirky sense of humor I can't help but love. Some of the pictures she's posted have been down right scandalous, and I admire her for it. One picture she posted, was her in a leopard print lingerie set that exposed most of her now svelte figure and it got me thinking about my very jiggly tummy.

So I sent her the following email:

Hey Bitchcakes!

Love your blog. AWE! SOME!

I myself have also lost +60 pounds but I have not been as active as you have. I noticed in some of your pictures that you don't seem to have any loose skin around your tummy. I was wondering when you lost the bulk of your weight if you did have loose skin and if being active helped tighten your skin.

I'm plagued with loose skin around my tummy and would love to be able to feel comfortable in a bikini.

Thank you for your answer in advance,

Cassandra


After one month of waiting (I know she gets flooded with mail) I got this email!

Cassandra-

I hope you forgive the lateness of this reply...

I assure you I DO suffer from this and I hate it. You don't see it in the photos because I am standing upright. If I bend over, it's there and it does bother me. Of course I wouldn't photograph myself from one of those angles, so you don't see it. We are in a similar boat with 60ish pounds lost and quite honestly, other than skin tightening surgery or self-acceptance, I don't think we have another choice.

Sorry I don't have better news for you. Thank you so much for reading though! It's always great to hear that someone enjoys my blog :)

Sheryl aka Bitch Cakes


So there you have it folks. I'm screwed. Self-acceptance it is then. Oh and check out her blog, she's just fabulous you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments loved and appreciated, each and everyone!