Monday, March 22, 2010

Adam and Eve...and Steve?

Hair: Old school Redken Ringlet and Curl Keeper, Rockin the beach waves

Weight : Scale said 149.8 but I was stark naked and didn't eat that much yesterday, so it lies.

Body Image: Feel pretty hot!!

I've had lots going on in my personal life the last week. Steve and I are taking a break from our relationship and I've moved into the other room. My dad is in the hospital with Pneumonia and work has been difficult the past week. All of these have added up to me not tracking and not staying on program.

I had the biggest binge fest on Wednesday. I haven't pigged out like that in a long long time. Literally everything that was food in the vicinity went into the big gaping hole called my mouth. I was plagued with guilt afterwards and felt like a total idiot for doing something to sabotage my journey towards weight perfection. I've been making better choices since that night, but I still haven't been tracking. The scale says I've lost weight, but I don't believe that to be accurate.

The last few months, Body Image has been a big concern for me. I believe many of the reasons I sabotage my relationships are due to how I feel about myself at the time. My weight started to creep up around November/December and I started to feel unattractive and undesirable. I fell into the habit of coming home from work and crashing on the couch (usually involved eating as much as I could find). Both Steve and I were unhappy with our jobs and we were arguing a lot. I had no outlet for my stress and I was miserable.

When I started to work out, watch what I was eating and turn myself around, I felt better about myself and my body. Unfortunately, this caused problems with Steve because he was still in the same place I had been. My attitude had improved, but his had not. We were no longer having joint pity parties. Now can we meet each other in the middle? Is that possible?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat with my boyfriend. Let me know if you find the answer. I'm starting to feel like he can't love me if he doesn't even like himself. AND, we're just too good (and work too hard) to let boys bring us down! That's my two cents!

    ReplyDelete

Comments loved and appreciated, each and everyone!